A practicing physician for over twenty years, Dr. Ahmad has dedicated his professional life to helping individuals find balance in their mental and physical well-being. He founded the Integrative Center for Wellness to execute his innovative vision of incorporating psychiatric treatments with nutritional therapies to emphasize wellness of both the body and the mind. He specializes in treating patients with depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, ADHD, stuttering and weight management issues.
- Mood disorders (bipolar, depression)
- Anxiety disorders (panic, phobias, OCD, PTSD)
- Metabolic disorders
- Smoking cessation
- Weight management
- Certified provider for Metagenics FirstLine Therapy
- Certified provider for Optifast
- Body composition analysis
- Sports performance
- Interpersonal dynamic & supportive psychotherapy
- Workplace stress
- Corporate consultancy
- Academic difficulties
- Marital discord
- Psychopharmacological management
- Second opinions
- Consultant to federal law enforcement agencies
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN)
- Clinical Associate Professor in Psychiatry, NYU School of Medicine
- Unit Chief and Attending Psychiatrist, Inpatient Psychiatry, Bellevue Hospital Center, New York
- Chief Resident: Dept. of Psychiatry, NYU Medical Center 1995-1996
- Residency Training: Dept. of Psychiatry, NYU Medical Center 1993-1995
- Internships: NYU Medical Center 1992-1993
- Medical Education: Allama Iqbal Medical College, Pakistan
- American Medical Association
- American Psychiatric Association, Distinguished Fellow
- American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology
- International Associate Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, UK
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- Contributing Author: On Call Psychiatry (W.B. Saunders Co.): Anxiety Disorder.
- Assistant to the Editor: Kaplan and Sadock’s, Synopsis of Psychiatry (Ninth Edition).
- Contributing Editor: Kaplan and Sadock’s, Pocket Handbook of Clinical Psychiatry (Fourth Edition).
- Contributing Editor: Kaplan and Sadock’s, Concise Textbook of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (First Edition).
- Consulting Editor: Kaplan and Sadock’s, Concise Textbook of Clinical Psychiatry (Third Edition).
- Contributing Author: Kaplan and Sadock’s, Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry (Ninth Edition).
- Contributing Author: Clinical Addiction Psychiatry by David Brizer and Ricardo Castaneda. (First Edition). Suicide and Substance Abuse.
- Ahmad, S., Feder, A. (2010). Earthquake Impact in a Remote South Asian Population: Psychosocial Factors and Posttraumatic Symptoms. Journal of Traumatic Stress, June 2010, Volume 23, Issue 3, Pages 408-412.
- 2013 – America’s Top Psychiatrists: Psychiatry and Obesity. Awarded by Consumers’ Research Council of America.
- 2012 – America’s Top Psychiatrists: Anxiety and Mood Disorders. Awarded by Consumers’ Research Council of America.
- 2011 – America’s Top Psychiatrists: Psychopharmocology and Weight Management. Awarded by Consumers’ Research Council of America.
- 2007 – Frank Ochberg Award for Media and Trauma Study: An award given by the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies for Dr. Ahmad’s film “THE WRATH OF GOD; A FAITH BASED SURVIVAL PARADIGM” and a study on the coping mechanisms and related post-traumatic stress disorder in the October 2005 earthquake survivors in Kashmir and Pakistan.
For more info, please click here.
Disaster Relief for Kids, Inc.: Founder and Director.
Disaster Relief for Kids (DRFK) is a tax-exempt non-profit organization with a 501 (c) 3 status that travels to areas around the world stricken by natural or human-induced disaster. DRFK provides non-perishable foods, toiletries, blankets, clothing and books for the children of these regions. Other work includes evaluating children for medical and psychiatric issues. While DRFK is not a school or a hospital, it consists of groups of relief workers who want to help children stabilize and rebuild their lives. Activities include health screenings and check-ups, distribution of medication, food and educational tools such as books and school supplies.
Comprehensive Disaster Response Services: Volunteer psychiatrist and consultant, 2006-2010
Comprehensive Disaster Response Services is registered since 2006 as a non-profit society for disaster relief and social welfare work in AJK and Pakistan under The Pakistan Societies Registration Act, 1860. The organization was created by Todd Shea after his deployment to Pakistan in October 2005 to assist with the earthquake relief efforts. Seeing great need would exist long after the emergency was over, Todd decided to stay in Pakistan. Todd and CDRS were awarded the Tamgha-i-Eisaar medal from Pakistan and the organization now has over 100 employees and has deployed hundreds of volunteers to serve some of the most deserving communities in Pakistan.