Nutritional Services For Ideal Wellness & Weight Loss
The Integrative Center for Wellness offers individualized programs that help patients reach their ideal wellness and weight loss goals in a healthy, holistic manner. We aim to help our patients reach a better state of health at the end of their weight loss journey. With this final goal in mind, our therapies address what we believe are the most important factors behind a patient’s weight:
- Their current diet: There is no denying that many Americans today eat a less than ideal diet. Excess sugar, empty calories, and a lack of proper nutrition overall each influence the weight and health of people today. Education on what to eat more of, and what to eat less of, is a key part of any dietary change.
- Why they eat: At a basic level, we eat food to function and take care of ourselves. But ask yourself – do you always eat just to satisfy this basic need? Deadlines at work, fights at home, poor sleep…these things and more can become reasons why we want certain foods over others. The Integrative Center for Wellness aims to take the next step in weight loss by helping our patients address these triggers.
Why Focus On These Factors?
The most effective weight loss programs are those that combine diet, exercise, and psychological intervention. At the Integrative Center for Wellness, Dr. Samoon Ahmad is able to guide patients through a weight loss program that focuses on all three of these influencing factors. It’s a program designed to create long-term healthy living results – rather than short-term weight loss.
A Personalized Approach
Dr. Ahmad’s philosophy that every patient is unique is also the foundation of his personalized approach to weight loss. Before he makes any recommendations, each patient undergoes detailed body composition testing. This testing helps Dr. Ahmad identify a patient’s individual needs based on their genetics, metabolism, and more.
Only after this do patients in our care receive balanced medical, dietary, and psychological support. Food preparation and portion control education, and personal counseling for behavior modification, are each a part of the Integrative Center for Wellness’ approach to ideal wellness and weight loss. It’s a program designed to create long-term healthy living results – rather than short-term weight loss.
Our programs and approach to nutritional wellness and weight loss are designed to help you make healthy, lifelong changes to your daily eating and exercise patterns. If you are interested in learning more about the process, we invite you to visit our Weight Loss Testimonials webpage to read what his patients say about their experience. You are also welcome to contact us for more information or to make an initial appointment here!
Additional Reading & Resources
- “In search of a personalised diet.” BBC News – Denise Winterman. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-30709297
- What’s The Right Diet For You? A Horizon Special. BBC News. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02ddsd9
- “Exercise Can’t Save Us: Our Sugar Intake Is The Real Culprit, Say Experts.” Forbes – Alice G.Walton. https://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwalton/2015/04/24/exercise-wont-save-us-sugar-and-carbs-are-our-bodily-downfall/#26374c66f8d5
- “To Lose the Weight, Change How You Relate (to Food).” Psychology Today – Melanie Greenberg. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-mindful-self-express/201102/lose-the-weight-change-how-you-relate-food